Wednesday, July 10, 2013

An award for me?!

Oh my gosh, 3 awesome bloggers nominated me for the Leibster award! I am flattered :) The Liebster award is an award for new blogs meaning beloved, cute, lovely, dearest and welcome! The Teaching Twosome, Always an Adventure in Kindergarten, and the Bilingual Teacher nominated this little blog! Thank you so much!

Here are the rules for accepting this nomination: 
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.




Now, I have to nominate blogs that I love! 





Since I was nominated by 3 different bloggers, I'm going to answer a few of each of their questions for me :)
1.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Massachusetts :) I like where I live!
2.  Why do you blog? I wanted to meet other teachers who teach K-2, I wanted new ideas, and I wanted a forum to share my ideas :)
3.  Do you collect anything? I collect Yankee Candles. Weird, but true.
4.  Name two of you favorite school supplies and tell why they are your favorite. I love Mr. Sketch Markers (who doesn't!?!) and I love Post-it notes of all shapes and sizes- they're so fun! 
5.  What is your favorite children’s book? My favorite children's book is definitely Splat the Cat. 
6.  Where did you go to college and did you originally major in something other than education? I went to Franklin Pierce College in New Hampshire as an undergrad - I majored in social work and counseling! 
7.  What's the best thing about blogging? Meeting new bloggers, connecting with other people who "get it", and getting great ideas :)
8.  If you could leave for a vacation tomorrow and go anywhere in the world, where would you go?


9. Are you married? Have kids? I am married with no children - just furry children ;)
10. What grade do you teach? Is this the grade level you want to teach? I teach first grade and this is the grade I want to teach (for awhile, anyway!) 
11. What is your favorite piece of clothing? I am a cardigan addict.

11 Random Facts About Me
1. I've worked for 6 principals in 5 years of teaching.
2. I've taught 3 grades in 5 years.
3. I've worked at 5 elementary schools in 5 years! (Noticing the trend?!) 
4. I have a french bulldog puppy named Lola and 2 cats, Harvey and Vinny. They are my furry children :)
5. My hubs and I have been married almost 5 years, but together for almost 13 years (since freshman year!) 
6. My favorite color is pink.
7. I love to bake. 
8. I am terrified of birds.
9. I'm a bit of a coffee addict.
10. I'm also a bit of a Coach addict- guilty pleasure :)
11. I love summer, but I can't wait to get into my new classroom to decorate :) I'm a planner, and I'm a little OCD! 

11 Questions for my nominees:
1. Do you have any pets?
2. How many years have you been teaching?
3. What's your favorite grade to teach?
4. What's your favorite food or drink?
5. What's one teaching tool you can't live without?
6. What is your ideal vacation spot?
7. Favorite children's book?
8. Favorite quote?
9. Best moment/experience while teaching? 
10. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
11. Why do you blog?

That's it! 

2 comments:

  1. I think you're on your way when three different people nominate you! Congrats! I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete