Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions/New Years Linky Parties!

I'm linking up with a few fun bloggers for some linky parties!

First, from A Peach for the Teach! I just found her blog. Love it!

(Click my picture to link up!) 

Personal: Be more positive. My post from yesterday was all about how difficult 2013 was for me. With a new year ahead, it's time to be more positive! 

Professional: Organize my intervention groups better. I feel like I am on the fly with intervention, when really it should be based more on assessment and student work. I would like to find ways to organize my groups better and make intervention a more meaningful time in my schedule.

Classroom: Make my classroom more "homey". I recently moved to this classroom and I unpacked it, decorated, and it works for now. But I would love to make it more of a home. I've moved so much over the last 5 years and I plan to stay here, if I can!

Blog/TPT: Blog more! I have so many ideas in my head and photos I've taken and thought, "that would be a good blog post!" I vow to get there :) 2014 is a new start!

Just for fun: Go somewhere warm. I would love a nice vacation :)


Next up.. Sunny Days in Second Grade! I'm linking up for My Truth Monday (on Tuesday..whoops) for her one little word linky!




My one little word for this year is breathe. If my not-so-great end to 2013 taught me anything, it's that I'm NOT always in control, I can't always make it perfect, and if I can't do anything about it, why worry? Breathe. What's yours?

Finally, Thirteen in '13. As much as I can't wait to say goodbye to this year, I'll take a little time to reflect! 

I'm linking up with Miss Kindergarten, a teeny tiny teacher, and Dragonflies in First!

My ugg minis. So comfy. Although I still can only wear one thanks to my broken leg.

Love, love, love!

I have so many... it's hard to choose!




"Camp" in Meredith, NH! This cute little place is located where we got married.

Hmmm.. I totally changed my spelling and word work routines after visiting Teachers College this past July in NYC. I am loving it and so are the kids! Posts to follow :)


My husband got me this ring for Christmas this year. After a tough year, this stone has special meaning and I love it.

I am a pinning machine... it's hard to pick one! 
I made these cowboy cookies (skipped the nuts and added M&Ms... why not!) for Christmas and they came out SO good! 

My classroom tour post. I love looking at how my classroom came together in 2 very short weeks after a big move!

Several things that happened in my personal life this year were incredibly difficult, and for me, the fact that I'm still hanging on is a huge accomplishment. 

Lola and her boyfriend on Halloween! So cute!

My nephew was born this year, and meeting him for the first time is my favorite memory of 2013 :) 

BE POSITIVE! 

BREATHE! 





















8 comments:

  1. Sounds like great goals to me!! Thanks for sharing!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that your 2013 was so rough. You have great resolutions for the New Year. Thanks for the reminder to take time to carefully plan intervention groups.

    Congrats on your nephew being born and on making it through a tough year. I hope that God will bless you with a better 2014.

    Happy New Year!

    Becky
    Compassionate Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Sara! Sorry about the tough times in 2013, and here's to looking forward to happier times in 2014! I like the simplicity of the being more positive resolution. I also like the idea of a classroom that's more "homey." Add a few lamps and a set of valences above your windows! It does wonders for the atmosphere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely need lamps :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sara - Here's to a better 2014! I'd love to hear more about how you changed your spelling and word work routines. We have an awful list/test thing going on and I hate it but everyone else loves it…

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica! I just blogged about it :) Let me know if you have more questions!

      Delete